MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA- Google Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOG) The search giant has just circulated Android 6.0 Marshmallow for its Nexus devices, though the rest handsets that will receive the update are already known.
Google’s latest iteration of the Android OS has been much anticipated, so a lot of fuss has been caused over the release of the software that took place today- just for the Nexus devices.
MUST READ: Motorola announces which of its smartphones will receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow update
As reported two days back, Motorola was the sole manufacturer to shed light on the matter regarding which of its devices will be eligible to the Marshmallow upgrade, by issuing a respective post on its Romanian site.
Though, popular internet blog, LifeHacker, published a list including all the handsets and tablets from the other Android-powered phone makers, that are confirmed to get the update, as well as devices that is most likely to receive it, albeit not being officially confirmed just yet.
Here is the list:
- ) Google: Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013 edition), Nexus 9 and Nexus Player.
- ) HTC: The One M9 and One M8 are said to be receiving Marshmallow by the end of the year while the One M7 is being finally obsolete. The rest of HTC’s smartphones that will get Marshmallow are: One M9+, One E9, One E9+, One ME, One E8, One M8 EYE, Butterfly 3, Desire 826, Desire 820, Desire 816.
- ) Motorola: Moto X Pure Edition, Moto X Style, Moto X Play Moto G will be getting Marshmallow, 2014 Moto X and the 2014 Moto G, the DROID Turbo, the Moto MAXX and the Moto Turbo.
- ) Samsung: Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy Note 5 and the Galaxy S6 edge+, 2014’s Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5.
- ) LG: G4, G3, possibly the G2 as well.
Is your smartphone or tablet in the Android 6.0 Marshmallow list of devices? Feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Image credit: ReviewProducts.org