When we go to a market for shopping or other purposes we can witness the enormous amount of products that flood the market. Everyone is trying their best to catch their attention in the name of Marketing. But when a customer is shopping what is the only thing that they will pay attention to? Simple, the product that they want to buy but then all the other things fade into insignificance.
So how will we grab the attention of a customer? We will get it done with the help of packaging of the product. Besides that, there are many benefits of product packaging. Before that we will talk about packaging, the importance of product packaging and ultimately its benefits.
What is product packaging?
The process of manufacturing, printing, designing, analysing and assembling them so that they fit the style, taste and preference of the brand. The product packaging came into existence from the need to protect the item or product from damage while it is being transported from one place to another. But now it is an integral part of the marketing system.
These days, the product packaging is the walking story of what the brand values and its foundation. When we talk about the brand story, and brand beliefs, their products’ packaging is the best way to reflect on such things. A good example for product packaging will be a custom printed tape, custom corrugated box or custom colour box Etc.
Importance of Good packaging in marketing
In Marketing, good packaging plays a critical role. When we say Marketing, what do we mean? Marketing is rooted from the need to sell and it is still pretty much the same. But the market is more than just selling. It has become the art of understanding the need to convey a story about a product. It has become a way to tell a story about a brand. It is about advertising and charming customers to create an impact. The marketing means to plan a product, design it along with improving the idea of the product. We are talking about everything like the custom printed tape with logo, the custom printed box or the custom color box everything that comes under packaging comes under the category of marketing.
Each and every step taken in favour of the product comes under marketing. Starting from manufacturing to campaigns run to sell the product everything comes under marketing. Product packaging is the first thing that a customer observes about your brand. A product with good packaging becomes the reason for a customer’s attention which can develop into interest and then they will be convinced to buy the product.
A product is the mirror of a brand’s beliefs, values and what they care about. For example – if a brand has claimed to be a vegan and nutritious option of nourished meal then that has to reflect in their packaging. The product Packaging tells how this brand is the best option for the customer with the same beliefs.
Having a product packaging helps you to sell your product. When a product’s packaging is done perfectly it will be able to tell the customers what it is about, how it is made and many other things. We humans are visual creatures, the colourful patterns and designs help us remember things for a longer time. It is the same when it comes to packaging which is the reason why every product design is crucial and important in building a brand’s image.
Benefits of good packaging
Now, after reading about the importance of good Product Packaging in marketing. We got to know how much product packaging affects the brand image. Now-a-days, it has become a necessity to have good packaging but what are the benefits of a good packaging in marketing? We will talk about all of that in this section down below:
- Grabs attention – In the market, the first thing that catches a customer’s attention is the packaging of the product. In a survey, it is seen that as much as one third of people will buy the products on the basis of packaging.
- To know the brand’s values – With the help of product packaging we can communicate with our customer on a ground basis without actually being there physically. With the help of packaging of the product we can build a relationship with our customers.
- Communicating with the Target audience – There is a very popular saying in the marketing field which goes like Not everyone is your customer. Without a doubt this is a very important thing to sort when you are building a brand or a company. Identifying your target audience is hard but there is one more thing that is harder than finding a target audience which is communicating with your target audience.
- First impressions – First impression is the last impression. We all have heard of this saying which is kinda true for everyone and everything even for the products. For example – if the packaging of your product is of low quality material then people will perceive the brand as cheap whereas if high quality material is used for the making of packaging of the product then it will look like a high end product.
- Reduce tampering – When we talk about the benefits or advantage of good packaging then it is impossible not to talk about this one. The ways in which the tampering is reduced when the product is in customised packages. The chances of your product getting tempered during transportation is reduced by a high percentage.
Wrap it Up
After reading this article about the Benefit of good packaging in marketing. You might have an idea about how important good product packaging is. When you look back at the history of packaging, you will realise how far we have come across in the field of marketing.
There is a very famous saying in this field of product packaging that the product is known by the design of its packaging. This quote Screams the importance of good packaging which becomes the way a customer is going to perceive the whole brand. This is how important product packaging is. It can make or create a brand image.
Hope that you are now well aware of the Benefits of a good packaging in marketing.