With most jailbreaks failing to live up to its promise in the truest sense of the term, here is one that does come mighty close to truly creating the right jailbreak that in turn opens up newer possibilities with the device that would have otherwise been hidden to the masses.
The particular jailbreak put forward by one TotoaTEAM is also relatively easy in that it can be installed using the Safari browser itself without requiring to connect to a computer.
However, the customary precautionary measures as is applicable to all jailbreaks is equally relevant in the present scenario. So the best thing to do before starting with the jailbreaking process will be to update the device to the latest version of iOS 9.3.3.
Also, of course, it would be wise to backup all data using either iTunes or iCloud, just in case anything goes wrong. All other security measures such as passcodes or ‘Find My iPhone’ also need to be disabled before attempting to jailbreak the device.
Here is what needs to be done next.
- Launch Safari and load the following URL: www.birdflightapp.com/apps/6159/app-builds/TTJailbreak/public
- Tap on the install app button when it appears, followed by tapping on ‘install’ when prompted. This should begin installing the PP app.
- When it’s done, hit the home button and then to Settings > General > Device Management. There should be a certificate from AKRAM AL NEAMI BUILDING MATERIALS TRADING CO (L.L.C) which needed to be trusted on.
- The next step would be to launch the PP app followed by accepting the prompt that allows notifications to appear. Thereafter, uncheck the PP checkbox.
- The next thing that appears on the screen will be a big blue circle. Tap on the center of it to let the jailbreak process to begin.
- Thereafter, use the sleep/power button to manually put the device to sleep. This should be done to allow the jailbreaking process to proceed flawlessly. And that’s it. There is nothing else that need to be done except waiting for the notification that announces the device has been successfully jailbroken appears.
- Once that happens, unlock the device though one would still be within the PP app now. Also, the app should be seen configuring Cydia and its environment by now. Once that is done, the device will reboot on its own. And when restarted, Cydia is installed.
- However, while the process is relatively simple so far and can be undertaken by almost anyone, what also has to be kept in mind is that the current setting would be in place so long as the device is not rebooted. If ever the device is rebooted, one will have to jailbreak the device all over by following the above steps.
Lastly, the above jailbreaking method is compatible with the following devices:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE
- iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad Air 1, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro (both 12.9 and 9.7inch)
- iPod touch 6