CUPERTINO, CA- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) Tech giant’s iPhone 6S smartphone and iPhone 6S Plus phablet specs details have been fully revealed.
Apple has a bad habit of announcing the next iPhone long before it’s actually ready to circulate and in some cases even before the previous one has been released to the markets. For instance, the iPhone 7 was announced prior to the release of the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus.
As for the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, they managed to attract the spotlight and get at the centre of attention yet not necessarily in a good way at all times.
In fact, even during the first few days of their circulation, we witnessed a lot of criticism with the worst one being given by The Guardian, who referring to the iPhone 6S Plus, wrote:
“The iPhone 6S Plus is the best phablet Apple has ever made, but only just. It is not a significant upgrade over last year’s 6 Plus, with most of its new features take it or leave it affairs. It is also not the best phablet available, but most prospective buyers will be upgrading from an existing iPhone and so are unlikely to consider the Android competition. “
And to be honest, that is partially the case with the 6S Plus. Of course, neither the iPhone 6S showed any major improvements. Perhaps the most notable one is the Force Touch, which according to many could get some few modifications here and there.
In the meantime, while Apple had released its latest smartphone flagships for quite some time, the technical features didn’t come to public until recently. And if you’re still one of the few who are not familiar, here’s a list with all the features of Apple’s four latest iPhone additions – iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus.
- Features Apple iPhone 6 Apple iPhone 6 Plus Apple iPhone 6S Apple iPhone 6S Plus
- Connectivity: 2G,3G,4G LTE,Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 2G,3G,4G LTE,Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 2G,3G,4G LTE,Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 2G,3G,4G LTE,Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Special: Wi-Fi direct, Wi-Fi hotspot 2G,3G,4G LTE,Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 Wi-Fi direct, Wi-Fi hotspot Wi-Fi direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Dimension: 138.1 x 67 x 6.9 mm 158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 mm 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm 158.2 x 77.9 x 7.3 mm
- Weight: 129g 172 g 143 g 192 g
- CPU: Dual-core 1.4 GHz Cyclone Dual-core 1.4 GHz Cyclone Dual Core Processor 2.2 GHz: Dual Core Processor 2 GHz:
- Chipset : Apple A8 ,64-bit Architecture Chipset : Apple A8 ,64-bit Architecture Apple A9 3rd Gen 64-bit Apple A9, 3rd Gen , 64-bit
- RAM: 1GB 1GB 2GB 2GB
- Memory: Internal: 16/64/128GB Expandable :NO Internal: 16/64/128GB Expandable :NO Internal: 16/64GB/128GB Expandable :NO Internal: 16/64GB/128GB Expandable : NO
- Display: 4.7 inch, Retina HD Display , with capacitive panel and with around 326 ppi (pixel Density ) 5.5 inch, Retina HD Display , with capacitive panel and with around 326 ppi (pixel Density ) 4.7 LED Backlit IPS display,Capacitive touch , 326ppi with 3D touch to Zoom 5.5 LED Backlit IPS display,Capacitive touch , 401ppi along with 3D touch to zoom
- Camera (primary): 8MP, auto focus, LED flash 8MP,auto focus ,LED flash 12MP, autofocus ,LED Flash 12MP, autofocus ,LED Flash
- Camera(Secondary): 1.2MP 1.2MP 5MP 5MP
- Operating System: Apple iOS 8 Apple iOS 8 Apple iOS 9.0 Apple iOS 9.0
- Battery: 1810mAh( Non- Removable) 2915mAh( Non- Removable) 1810mAh( Non Removable ) 2915mAh( Non Removable )
- Launch Date: Sep-14 Sep-14 Launched :9 September 2015 Launched :9 September 2015
- Release Date: Sep-14 Sep-14 Launched :25 September 2015, In India it will be launched later Launched :25 September 2015, In India it will be launched later
- Price/Cost: US $199 at contracted price for 2 Years (16GB model) US $299 at contracted price for 2 Years (16GB model) Same as that of iPhone 6 Same as that of iPhone 6S Plus
According to a report from analytics firm Localytics, the smaller iPhone 6s is around four times more popular with consumers than the iPhone 6s Plus phablet. The iPhone 6s holds a much larger share of all iPhones currently in use, at 1.5% compared to the iPhone 6s Plus which is at 0.4%.
Even so, the iPhone 6 is still the most popular handset at the moment with a share of 33.2%. This could either mean that the iPhones 6S and 6S Plus did not go as well as planned, or that given the fact that Apple has already announced the iPhone 7, most of the company’s loyal consumers will go straight for that when the time comes.